Water Payment Information
Water Payment Overview
- If your service is scheduled to be cut off for non-payment or you have been cut off for non-payment, you must pay the past due balance plus any penalties to avoid cutoff or have service restored.
- Attention: If you are re-directed to "user.doxo.com/session/new" do not make a payment.
- If you would like to make a credit card payment online without setting up an account, navigate to the Customer Portal then select "Pay bill without logging in" and click "Pay Bill".
- If you would like to set up an account that would allow you to access account history information, you will need to register.
Setting Up an Online Water Billing Account
Register for utility bill payments and account access online and follow the following instructions:
- Go under "Log in to pay bill, view usage, more" click the 'Register Here' link
- Enter your first and last name and email address for the online account. The email you provide will be your user name, will be tied to the account information, and will be used to relay information on your account password to you
- Click "Register"
- You will get an email with a temporary password
- Return to the Online Bill Payment page and enter your username (email) and password
- Click "Login"
- First time users are prompted to change password
- Using your bill, enter your account number (example 1234567)
- Using your bill, enter your tenant number the two digits behind the account number (example 98)
- Enter an Alias name for your online account
- Click "Submit"
- Next click "Cancel" when finished entering account data
- Account Summary will be displayed
- Click "Next"
- Select "Pay Full Amount" or "Pay Other"
- Payment Type select "Credit" - Click "Next"
- Enter all required Card data fields
- Select "Store this credit card" if you wish to store card data
- Select "Send Confirmation Email" to receive a payment confirmation email
- Click "Submit"
- Displayed is a payment confirmation summary and an email is sent immediately.
- Click "Finish" and "Logout"
Automatic Online Water Bill Pay
Save time and avoid late fees by having your monthly payment automatically drawn from your credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discover). Read on to learn more:
- The balance of your utility bill will be charged to your credit card on the due date, typically the 15th of each month.
- You will continue to receive a monthly statement by mail.
- A receipt will be emailed to your login address each month.
- An email will be sent to your login address to notify you if your card will be expiring soon. You are responsible for updating credit card information by submitting a new payment with your updated card information.
- If you ever decide to discontinue this service, you may easily disable the automatic bill pay feature through your Online Profile.
- Your credit card information will not be stored on the site and cannot be accessed or managed by the City's staff.
- Your card will be stored via PCI secured gateway tokenization. This is the process of replacing sensitive card data with unique identification symbols that retain all the essential information about the data without compromising its security.
In order to sign up for automatic online bill pay, you must first make a payment in full using a credit card online. After making this payment, a box will show asking you if you are interested in this option.
Tax Payment Information
Tax bills are mailed annually in August and are due on the first day of September. If payments are not received by the fifth of January the account will become delinquent. New property owners who do not receive a tax bill are encouraged to contact the Tax Collector to obtain a copy. Please also notify the Tax Collector of any mailing address changes. A lost or undelivered bill does not excuse late payment.
For customer convenience, the City of Marion accepts payments in a number of ways. Payments can be made in any one of the following ways:
- In-person at the Tax Collector counter located at City Hall, except holidays
- Through the City Hall drive-through located at City Hall, except holidays
- The drop box (checks only) located next to the drive-through window at City Hall during non-business hours
- By mail
The City of Marion also accepts Visa and Master Card debit or credit cards in person at City Hall. A checkout fee is charged for the use of credit or debit cards. The City does not accept debit or credit cards over the phone at this time.