Historic Marion Train Depot
The Marion Train Depot, located at 58 Depot Street, was originally constructed in 1867 as a freight depot to serve Marion on the Western Rail Line, making the building one of the oldest surviving depots in Western North Carolina. Additions were constructed to the building in 1935 and 1952. The Depot provided passenger rail service until the 1970s. In 2005, with funding and technical assistance from the North Carolina Department of Transportation, the City of Marion renovated the Marion Train Depot, which now serves as Marion's Office of Economic Development and is available for rent for meetings, parties, and other events.
Maximum Room Occupancy
The facility accommodates an occupancy of 131 people with tables and chairs.