The Public Works Department provides a wide range of services including…
The Department is divided into six divisions, administration, fleet maintenance, streets, sanitation, cemetery and utility maintenance. The City's water and wastewater utilities also are managed through the Public Works Department, although the Water Filter Plant and Wastewater Treatment Plant, respectively, are managed in separate departments.
- Street maintenance and construction,
- Street cleaning, snow removal, sidewalk construction and maintenance,
- Solid waste and recycling services, brush and leaf collection,
- Curb and gutter construction,
- Storm drain and right-of-way maintenance,
- Cemetery maintenance and burials, and
- Maintenance of City parks and properties.
Public Works Director
94 Shop Drive
Marion, NC 28752
US Mail Address
P.O. Drawer 700
Marion, NC 28752-0700
Phone: (828) 652-4224
Emergency/After Hours: (828) 652-3231
Fax: (828) 652-3843
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday